Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!


What a strange thing time is. Minutes crawl by – in the case of my life this past year, minutes crawled by menacingly – but weeks zoom past. And like it or not, ready or not, another year has been consumed.

It’s the second week following my latest chemotherapy cycle and I have another PET scan scheduled this week. I’m nervous about it. I don’t know what to expect since I stopped taking Genasense. The last time I spoke with my doctor about it, she seemed unfazed.

“There’s no reason to think the results of this scan will be any less positive than they’ve been in the past,” she said. “It’s a clinical trial. We don’t know what the exact dosage needs to be in order to be effective.”

I keep reminding myself of that; the Genasense I took through the first two cycles may very well have completed its job. It boosted the effects of the remaining two drugs I take, that’s for sure. It’s likely the Abraxane and Temodar can continue to wipe out the small amount of remaining cancer without assistance. We’ll know more when the results of the scan are in and I meet with my doctor again on Monday.

And in the meantime, Happy New Year! I wish peace and great health to all my friends and family, all of you who have sent good wishes my way this past year. May 2008 be wonderful for all of us!

No comments: