Thursday, December 4, 2008

Aftermath


By the time I got to Grand Central yesterday afternoon after leaving the client, I was Cinderella and my gown was starting to shred. By the time I got home I could barely walk again.

Per doctor’s orders, I increased the dose of my pain patch and got into bed at 7:30. I didn't take an anti-inflammatory before falling asleep, hoping the patch would do it by itself, but I woke during the night in a great deal of pain, so I took a Naproxen then. I was in pain a lot of the night, but managed to sleep until 10:30am when I woke up groggy and still in some pain after more than fourteen hours sleep!

My doctor says I probably overdid it.

The doctor’s admin just called to let me know she’d gotten the next scan approved and scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. She’s the greatest at getting things done!

So it’s been another lost day: naps, pain, lack of focus. I hope we can get to the bottom of this soon.

No comments: